Complete the FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may be filed beginning Oct. 1 each year.
- ?Applications submitted before March 1 are given priority consideration for federal supplemental grants and?federal work-study. List the NSU school code of 003466 on your FAFSA.
- Submit your FAFSA, then save a copy of your submitted information for your records.
Apply for scholarships
- Check with your high school and local businesses (insurance company, electric company, bank, parent's employers, etc.).
- Consider your talents (academic, athletic, fine arts, etc.) and apply for scholarships in these areas. Use a free scholarship search engine to help you (fastweb.com, scholarships.com, cappex.com, etc.).
- Check out NSU's scholarships
Apply for admission and complete all the requirements of the admissions process.?Note that if you are enrolling in a program of study abroad that has been approved for credit by NSU, you may be eligible for federal student aid through NSU.
Apply for outside aid
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)/tribal aid
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and/or Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
- Department of Social Services? Education and Training Voucher (ETV)
Complete additional paperwork
- If your application requires you to provide follow-up documentation such as verification forms, you'll be notified by the Enrollment Service Center (ESC) via email. You'll be directed to Self-Service Banner to access the forms online that you'll need to print and submit to ESC.
- You will receive an aid award letter detailing the amount and type of federal financial aid for which you've qualified. Read through all the information. Return your signed and fully completed aid award letter, along with any other required documents, to the Financial Aid Office.
- Students who borrow a Direct?Loan will need to complete the Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling at studentaid.gov.
Consider alternative options
Keep in touch with the NSU Financial Aid Office and respond promptly to all requests for additional information.